Join us at the VIDM 2023 pre-conference event with colleagues from the World Health Organization (WHO) celebrating the worldwide contribution of midwives.
Welcome and introduction from the World Health Organization (WHO) by Dr Allisyn Moran, with video greetings from:
- Chief Nursing Officer: Dr Amelia Latu Afuhaamango Tuipulotu
- Director General: Dr Tedros Ghebreyesus
We will then explore the following topics:
- Evidence to reality in 6 countries, strategic findings (Clara Fischer and Prof. Lorena Binfa)
- Evidence to reality – From STAGE – recommendations on midwifery and how to take this forward (Justine Le Lez and Prof Jane Sandall)
- Essential Childbirth care course and the Interprofessional Midwifery Education Toolkit (Dr Florence West and Indie Kaur)
- What’s new in WHO? (Dr Emily McWhirter)
Following a Question and Answer period, Dr Anshu Banerjee will provide closing remarks from WHO.
VIDM 2023 Programme listing and how to join the session: HERE
Check the time in your location: https://bit.ly/VIDoM23-WHO-session