The Virtual International Day of the Midwife celebrates the International Day of the Midwife by bringing together midwives, students, consumers and all parties interested in childbirth from across the globe using online electronic media.
VIDM wants to hear from you! What are you excited about in midwifery? What are your research interests? Share your ideas with the VIDM community. While the call for presentations is now closed, there is still time to submit a poster presentation.
Starting this year, poster submissions will be made via this website. Click on the title below for details and the submission form.
Request for Poster Proposals – Posters will be displayed here on the website. Topics may be midwifery research, international midwifery (this may include the sustainable development goals), midwifery education initiatives, midwifery practice issues, midwifery philosophy, or Safe Motherhood.
Important Dates and information
- IMPORTANT DATES 2020
- Call for presentation proposals closes: 01 February 2020
- Call for poster proposals closes: 01 April 2020
- Virtual International Day of the Midwife: 05 May 2019 (depending on your time zone)
- Remember to subscribe to our blog for updates.
Look over to the right, that is how long until the start of VIDM ===>>
Are you ready? Have you:
- checked the program and saved your selections to your calendar?
- check your technology by logging into the conference rooms?
- checked your headset and internet connection?
- invited your friends, colleagues, and students to join you?
Use #VIDM18 across social media. Share!
All sessions will be recorded. Recording links will be posted on the VIDM website and YouTube channel. Check back after the conference for more information.
After the conference:
- Complete the conference survey — We want to hear from you
- Download and complete your Certificate of Attendance
- Share the links to the videos!
Be sure to review the outstanding poster presentations posted HERE
Click through the slide show here – or check the VIDM 2018 Posters page for more information or to download the poster PDFs.
Each year VIDM receives, reviews, and shares outstanding poster presentations from midwifery researchers around the world. The 2018 offerings meet and exceed the standard of excellence we expect.
Take some time to explore these global perspectives in midwifery. Check back frequently — posters will be added until the end of the conference.
Check the Archive for posters from previous years.