The Virtual International Day of the Midwife (VIDM) is a free, non-profit, 24-hour online conference held every year on the International Day of the Midwife, the 5th of May.
“Midwives: Together We Care” is the theme for the 2022 Virtual International Day of the Midwife Conference.
We can frame this theme in many different ways:
- Midwives, together with their clients, give and receive care during pregnancy, birth and throughout the lifespan.
- Midwives come together to care for each other during times of stress and also of celebration.
- Midwives join together to advocate for the rights of those who are oppressed and marginalized in society as well as their own rights working in a healthcare setting.
- Midwives care for the earth by acting to limit the effects of climate change.
- Midwives together act during the COVID-19 pandemic by caring for all families, and supporting public health measures to fight it.
Please send us your Expression of Interest (EOI) for a presentation or poster on how your practice relates to our 2022 theme. We welcome stories, research, clinical practice, activism, public policy, and midwifery education examples from the perspective of clinicians, researchers, activists, students, and teachers.
The VIDM 2022 Organizing Committee shares the Theme below.