Add to Calendar
Speaker: Amanda Burleigh
Facilitator: Linda Wylie
Recording: Click HERE
- History of cord clamping and implementation of non-evidence based immediate cord clamping.
- Changes in international guidance and UK NICE guidance 2014 to recommend delayed cord clamping.
- The main researchers and evidence to support the changes in guidance.
- The benefits to a baby of receiving their full blood benefit.
- Dispelling the myths and barriers to implementing occ.
- Best practice for Midwives -Active management.
- Physiological management.
- Taking blood gases/Kleihauer.
- Resuscitation with the cord intact. Essential in low resource settings.
- Cord blood banking. Whose blood is it anyway?
- Midwives supporting each other to embrace and facilitate evidence based practice.
- Global networking and enabling leadership in change.